Shanghai Drink Recipe
Free, Best, Online Shanghai Recipe, mix the ingredients to make a great speciality drink! CHEERS!
Facts about Shanghai Recipe - a Brandy based drink
Shanghai Drink Recipe is an intoxicating beverage. The word 'Brandy' is a shortened version of Brandywine and derives from the Dutch word 'brandewijn' - 'brant' meaning distilled and 'wijn' meaning wine. It is an alcoholic liquor which was originally distilled from wine or fermented fruit juice, such as apples. Cognac, Armagnac, Grappa, Ouzo, Metaxa and Calvados are all different types of Brandy.
Facts about Brandy
The calorie count in brandy is as follows: Calorie in Brandy: 1oz Brandy = 64 Calories in 80 Proof. Grape brandy is the type that is to be used by itself and not mixed with other drinks. This type of brandy is Cognac which is the exclusive name for brandy produced and distilled in the Cognac area of France, and Armagnac is brandy from the Gascony area of France. The Pomace brandy is often a clear liquid produced from fermented grape pulp, seeds, and stems that remain after the grapes are pressed for their juice. Examples of this type of brandy is the Italian 'Grappa' and the French 'Marc'. Fruit Brandy is distilled from fruits other than grapes including apple, plum, peach, cherry, raspberry, blackberry, and apricot. Examples of this type of brandy are Calvados and Kirsch. Cognac, Armagnac, Grappa, Ouzo, Metaxa and Calvados are all different types of Brandy.
How to create the best special effects with the classic Shanghai Drink Recipe
The following hints and tips will give you some ideas how to make the best special effects with the Shanghai exotic recipe :
- Serve your classic Shanghai speciality recipe in unusually shaped drinking glasses. Give your drinking glasses a frosted edge by dipping the rim into Lemon juice and then dipping it into sugar. Simple but effective drinking glasses! Put the drinking glasses on colorful drink coasters.
- The presentation of your classic Shanghai speciality recipe is all important! Add colorful decorations and drinking glasses - drink umbrellas, swizzle sticks, paper flowers, drink coasters, straws and even sparklers! Drinking glasses, drink coasters and decorations are all cheap and easy to obtain
- Add some straws - just cut them up for small drinking glasses and place on a drink coaster!
- Use cocktail sticks to twist or skewer fruits and place on the rim of drinking glasses
- Place on drink coasters and use slices of fruit to decorate drinking glasses and add a twist to your classic Shanghai Drink Recipe
- Add crushed ice - To make crushed ice just place your ice cubes in a plastic bag and crush the ice with a heavy object
Quantities and Proportions
Quantities of ingredients tend to cause confusion - no problem, just use the correct proportions of each ingredient to create the best authentic & original recipe! You can use a thimble, cup or even a pitcher ( if you are making this recipe for a group or a crowd ) when you make a Shanghai from an easy to make recipe! The following simple guidelines will also help with the different quantities referred to in authentic & original recipes:
- 1 oz (ounce) equals 2 tbsp (tablespoons)
- 1 shot equals 1½ oz (ounces)
- 1 cup equals 8 oz (ounces)
- 30ml equals 1 oz
Exercise your bartending skills, use decorations and unusual drinking glasses and drink coasters to become the bartender of your own personal bar which serves
Shanghai from an easy to make recipe!