Cosmo Martini Recipe
Free, Best, Online Cosmo Martini Recipe, mix the ingredients to make a great speciality drink! CHEERS!
Facts about Cosmo Martini Recipe
Cosmo Martini Recipe is a great drink. The name reflects this speciality drink. There are no definitive facts about the origin and history of martinis but the most generally accepted story is that in the 1860's a bartender named Jerry Thomas created the famous drink whilst working in the Occidental Hotel in San Francisco. He is believed to have created the first martini recipes and named them after the nearby town of Martinez. Enjoy learning how to make a Cosmo Martini Recipe .
The Classic Martini Recipe
Facts and Information about the Classic Martini recipe:
- The classic Martini recipe contains two parts gin and one part dry vermouth
- The classic Extra Dry Martini recipe contains dry gin and just a dash of dry vermouth
- The classic 'Gin & It' Martini recipe contains equal parts of gin and vermouth
How to Make a Cosmo Martini Recipe
Hints and tips on how to make a Cosmo Martini Recipe:
- The Cosmo Martini Recipe should be served as cold as possible
- Alcohol such as gin or vodka, should be cooled in a freezer. Drinks with more than about 30% alcohol (60 proof) will not freeze
- Vermouth and liqueurs should be cooled in a refrigerator or they will lose their flavor
- The glass and shaker should also chilled
- The shaker container / container should contain ice
- In the Cosmo Martini Recipe the contents should then be separately poured in the shaker / container, over ice, according to the largest quantities
- A Classic dry martini recipe should be traditionally garnished with an olive or with lemon peel. Using an onion as a garnish makes the drink a Gibson.
- A classic Sweet Martini recipe may be garnished with a maraschino cherry instead of an olive or lemon peel
- Classic Martinis are served in traditional small cocktail glasses
- A modern Martini Cocktail recipe can be presented with a variety of colorful decorations
- Drink umbrellas, swizzle sticks , paper flowers, straws and even sparklers!
- Colored straws - just cut them up for small glasses
- Use cocktail sticks to twist or skewer fruits and place on the rim of drinking glasses
- Use slices of fruit to decorate and add a twist to your recipe
- Add crushed ice - To make crushed ice just place your ice cubes in a plastic bag and crush the ice with a heavy object
- Give your larger, modern martini cocktail glass a frosted edge by dipping the rim into Lemon juice and then dipping it into sugar
Follow these simple tips and hints and you have learnt how to make a Cosmo Martini Recipe.
Cosmo Martini Recipe - Quantities and Proportions
Quantities of ingredients tend to cause confusion - no problem, just use the correct proportions of each ingredient to create the best authentic & original recipe! You can use a thimble, cup or even a pitcher ( if you are making this recipe for a group or a crowd ) when you make a Cosmo Martini Recipe! The following simple guidelines will also help with the different quantities referred to in authentic & original recipes:
- 1 oz (ounce) equals 2 tbsp (tablespoons)
- 1 shot equals 1½ oz (ounces)
- 1 cup equals 8 oz (ounces)
Exercise your bartending skills, use decorations and unusual drinking glasses and drink coasters to become the bartender of your own personal bar which serves a Cosmo Martini Recipe recipe!