Free, Best, Online Strawberry Wine recipe, mix the ingredients to make a great speciality drink! CHEERS!
Facts about Strawberry Wine - An Alcoholic DrinkEssential Wine-Making Fact
Wine is a beverage made of the fermented juice of any of various other fruits or plants. This recipe uses the berries of the strawberry. Wines are distinguished by color, flavor, bouquet or aroma, and alcoholic content. In natural wines, such as strawberry wines, all the alcohol present has been produced by fermentation. The Fermentation process is the conversion of sugar to carbon dioxide and alcohol by yeast. Only wine yeast should be used. Yeast nutrients are are chemicals which permit the yeast population to increase and thereby produce a vigorous fermentation. Fruits, other than grapes, may require added nutrients to achieve a proper fermentation.
Successful wine-making at home is directly dependant on sanitization of all equipment including every spoon, bottle, or measuring device. Wines are food products and should be prepared as you would any other item destined for human consumption.
How to make Strawberry Wine
The following instructions detail how to make homemade Strawberry Wine :
- Boil 5 pints of water
- Crush the Strawberries - using your hands is fine
- Cover the strawberries with the boiling water
- Add the sugar, nutrients, citric acid and lemon juice
- Stir with a wooden spoon to dissolve the sugar, further crushing the strawberries in the process
- Allow the mixture to 'sit' overnight
- Sprinkle yeast over the mixture and stir
- Stir daily for five days
- Transfer strawberry wine mixture to a secondary fermentation container
- Add additional cold water to make 1 gallon of strawberry wine and and place airlock on container
- Rack after 30 days and again after additional 30 days
- Bottle when clear
- The strawberry wine is best if you can refrain from drinking it for one full year!
Homemade wines can be made from a variety of different ingredients. Wine can be made from any different type of berry including blackberries and blueberries. A wide range of interesting fruit is available from backyard trees and gardens or from commercial growers. If they grow wild they provide free ingredients for producing home made wines.
Homemade Wine-making Equipment
There are a number of wine making kits available from department stores or online stores. Homemade wine-making kits range in size and complexity. Start simply until you gain experience. Most of the basic equipment needed is actually available in the kitchen.
3 lbs. Fresh Strawberries
2 lbs. Granulated Sugar
2 tsp. Citric Acid
1 Gallon Water
Juice of 1 Lemon
Wine yeast & nutrient